Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Bod Update and Musings

Wow it's been two weeks already - here's the updated stats (I will explain the bad pics later):




Waist: 28 inches (Down .5 inches)
Hips: 37.5 inches (Down 1 inch)
Weight: 140 (I'm not putting much stock in this number since this was a morning weigh-in and my last one was in the afternoon so it's probably within the normal variance of weight changes throughout the day)
6 Pack: HAHA.

I haven't been, what you would call, the most "disciplined" the past two weeks with my Paleo eating. My achilles heel is going to my parent's house two weekends in a row. I just casually shove into my face whatever is within reach in the fridge, and lunch meat and eggs are only good for so many meals. So yeah, I gorged on some pasta and maybe an entire pizza. Discipline isn't always one of my strong suits. And I may or may not be eating two peanut butter cookies with my Jasmine tea as I type this. If it helps they are really, really small cookies, and they are what's left-over of the Gospel Community we held at our house last night. I pushed as many as I could on people I swear.

I did try two really, really good Paleo recipes though - the first was for dark chocolate chip cookies, and the other was for pizza. I made the cookies last Thursday and OMG THEY WERE THE BEST THINGS EVER. The problem is they probably cost $5 to make - that's a lot for 2 dozen cookies in my book, so I probably won't be making them often. I ate about 10 of them straight out of the oven - since they are Paleo I assume that's okay. As I was leaving I gave my Aunt strict instructions not to let S eat the rest when he came home. Then I gave her strict instructions not to tell him how many I had already ate myself.

For the pizza - I made a paleo crust using almond flour, eggs, and cheese. I get it dairy isn't Paleo but just shut up okay. I used a new pizza stone to cook it one that I got at BB and Beyond for $11 with a coupon. I didn't have the patience to wait for it to heat up like you're supposed to, or even read the directions that says to season it and not wash it with soap (Whoops) but it still turned out crispy and delicious, and did not in the slightest taste like soap. I also ate almost that entire pizza but again, it's Paleo so totally fine.

I started my online accounting program last week and then came to the realization that I am crazy. Like, straight up bonkers. What person in their right mind raises a four month old, works two part-time jobs, coaches a team, and decides to enroll back in school. Seriously what is wrong with me. If I actually pull this off... I rule. Just kidding God rules because every single day I'm praying that I will somehow make it through all this.

Part of me figures regardless of what I do, a year will pass. It's going to take sacrifice and work to get to where I want to be a year from now.

Projects have been in a holding pattern these past two weeks - partly because I'm just so freaking busy, and partly because a small part of me hopes I get chosen for Creating with Stars so I need to save all my mad-project ideas for that. I have about a 1 in 350 chance of being chosen so... Probably won't be but I can pretend right?

On another note - anyone else feel like a pendulum? Everyday I swing from one extreme to another. It usually goes along the lines of: Wake up, then want nothing more than to stay in bed forever. Drink some coffee and eat breakfast, ready to rock the day for a solid 30 minutes. Start work and my motivation dies. Feed R while looking at Pinterest and blogs and suddenly I'm going to repaint my bedroom right this second! Finish feeding R and realize I still have work to do. Rinse and repeat about 4x throughout the day and then it's 7PM and now I have to do school work for several hours before I go to bed. Go to bed but then my mind is racing with all these really great things I'm going to do tomorrow! Tomorrow comes and nothing gets done.

It would help if I got out of bed before 8AM. Or 9AM. Or like today 10AM. I just really, really suck at getting up. I want to be that person who wakes up at 6AM and kicks the day's a$$ for 16 straight hours. In reality, I'm always finding excuses for why that can't be me. "I didn't get a full night's sleep because R woke up 3 times" or "I went to bed at midnight" or "I have a really long day tomorrow". Seriously me? I always tells the girls I train not to make excuses - Champions Adjust. If I could just follow my own advice I would have woken up at 6AM and not 10AM today. And wouldn't be eating this peanut butter cup right now but that's another battle to be fought.

Everyday I don't do it, I feel so down on myself. But then again, justify why I couldn't do it.

Pathetic.

I told myself I couldn't get a gym membership until I could prove that I could wake up everyday at 6AM to handle crap. Maybe this isn't the best route to take because I fear that day will never come. Perhaps I should take the other route and then, knowing that money has been spent for a membership, it'll spur me to get my bunz in there and working out. We will see. It might take a couple more weeks because I have to get into a good school routine since we are paying a million dollars for it, and I'm not going to pay a million dollars and not get straight A's. See? If I put my mind to something it will get done - now to apply it to areas other than school.

Lastly, back to my "weight loss" picture. So R is doing this really hilarious new thing where every time I put him down, he starts screaming bloody murder. Adorable right? It might have something to do with the whole 4-month sleep regression thing or maybe he's teething or maybe he's just a baby and that's what babies do. Regardless it makes getting some things done very difficult, like self portraits of my future 6-pack in the mirror. And don't mind my greasy hair, I promise I will wash it tonight. Or tomorrow. After these pictures were taken he had a massive spit-up on me all down my front.

It was amazing.




3 comments:

  1. So, aren't you taller than me and you weigh the same as me? I am feeling like Fatty Mcfat Fat. Looking good, there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I could only hope to get the "6-pack" you already have! Regarding the pendulum - yup! I'm there too! Mine's really crazy...I have to go away for the weekend and all I want to do is clean the basement...I have to stay home and don't want to do anything! I have to go to an appointment and all I want to do is craft...I stay home and don't want to do anything! Frustrating!!! Then when I have the energy to really do something I have to catch up on cleaning and bills...by the time that is done I've lost heart for anything else...I love winter but start to hate it every March!!! It messes with my mind!!! Good luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your baby is so cute ,you can chose some beatiful clothing for her in our websites it is cheap and nice
    OMG your blog is so interesting,You are on fire, girl! you can find more beatiful in
    www.everbuying.com

    ReplyDelete